Please circle Y(yes) or N(no)
1. Are you standing for a position as Ward representative? Y N
2. Will it be full time? Y N
3. Are you standing for a position as Local Board representative? Y N
4. Will it be full time? Y N
5. Are you standing for any other position? (e.g. Health Board) Y N
6. Will you be available by phone for ratepayers during normal business hours? Y N
7. Will you respond to emails from ratepayers? Y N
8. Are you living in the area(s) you are standing for? Y N
9. Do you agree with a rates cap within CPI limits? Y N
10. Do you agree with binding citizens initiated referenda? Y N
Like Hitler and Mussolini they will all Answer in the affirmative to ensure they are elected. Its the nature of base politics that candidates will promise the earth in the race to win public esteem and MONEY !!!
I fully agree with Jim Carney, money being their only consideration. Mayor and Councillors performances were utter disasters, running up a debt of about 900 million dollars on account of the ratepayers by the Aussie banks. Councill was run by a Mayor and his triumverate with the necessary quorum of Councillors saying yes or no, all as indicated by the sitting chairman. Nothing democratic about these meetings, being all cut and dried ,with his accolites performing as trained seals.
Of course matters are cut and dried before the council meets.Key accolites meet in a “cafe” environment on Tuesday’s to discuss and agree what the agenda shall be and what decisions will be made. The oligarchy comprising Hulse,Cooper,Clews and Battersby make the decisions and the rest sing the chorus.